Tuition Waiver for CWU Staff Dependents and Retired Staff
CWU waives up to 50% of tuition for eligible staff and faculty dependents and distinguished retirees.
Eligible employee dependents include children under the age of 26 and lawful spouse or Washington State registered domestic partner. The employee must hold a half-time or more permanent position to include faculty hired on an annual basis.
Eligible retirees are those awarded distinguished or emeritus status.
- Eligibility for the Dependent Tuition Waiver does not guarantee admission to CWU.
- Total of all tuition waivers may not exceed 80% of tuition charges each quarter.
- Recipients of the Dependent Tuition Waiver must maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.25.
- The Dependent Tuition Waiver is available for 12 quarters within a five year period and excludes housing costs, books, and other student fees.
- The Dependent Tuition Waiver may only be applied to standard undergraduate or graduate tuition. Non-standard programs such as Continuing Education and FlexIT are ineligible for tuition waivers.
- Running Start students, who are assessed tuition, are ineligible for the waiver.
- Dependent Tuition Waiver requests must be submitted by the 14th day of the quarter.
To Apply for the Dependent Tuition Waiver:
- Refer to CWU Procedure CWUR 3-40-035 for full eligibility requirements.
- Enroll dependent as degree-seeking or non-degree seeking student:
- Degree-seeking: Visit CWU Admissions for admission requirements.
- Non-degree seeking: Submit the Non-Matriculated Student Application (PDF) to the Registrar.
- Submit Dependent Tuition Waiver Request