Benefits, Perks & Discounts Overview
Investing in you
CWU's comprehensive benefit package includes an annual contribution of over $12,000 toward health insurance, over $10,000 toward retirement, and a combined total of 40 days off for holidays, vacation, and sick leave. Depending on plans selected, your cost will vary for health insurance from $24 - $313 per month and 5-15% for retirement. CWU waives up to 50% of tuition for employees' dependents and employees may be eligible for the public service loan forgiveness program.
Insurance & Retirement
- Insurance & Retirement
CWU offers a comprehensive benefit package to keep you healthy and plan for your future.
Get and Stay Healthy:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care: reasonable monthly medical premiums - the university pays majority of premium cost. Vision and dental coverage included at no additional cost!
- Life Insurance: Basic coverage provided at no cost, and term policy available with group rates and guaranteed coverage.
- Stay Fit: CWU offers a wellness incentive and access to join our fitness facility.
- Support for You and Your Family: The Employee Assistance Program includes access to legal, financial, eldercare, ID theft, and home ownership resources.
Plan for the Future:
- Retirement Plans: CWU offers the option of pension plan or a hybrid retirement plan and access to supplemental pre-tax savings plans.
- Financial Planning & Education: As a CWU employee you have access to certified financial planners at no cost to you alongside financial and retirement planning tools and trainings.
Leave & Holidays
- Leave & Holidays
As a member of our Wildcat Family, you receive the following:
- Up to 28 days per year of Vacation Days
- 11 Observed Holidays
- 12 days per year of Sick Leave
View more detailed information regarding leave and holidays.
Perks & Discounts
- Perks & Discounts
Several perks and discounts are available to CWU employees.
- College Savings Plan: The Washington State GET Program is a 529 savings plan created to help save money tax-free for eligible education expenses.
- Dependent Tuition Waiver: CWU waives up to 50% of tuition for eligible staff and faculty dependents and distinguished retirees.
- Discounts: CWU employees can receive discounts at various restaurants, wireless service providers, and the local Central Transit in Ellensburg by showing your CWU Connection Card.
- Employee Assistance Program: The EAP resources are available to you, your spouse, and children up to age 26 for help with a wide-range of issues.
- Employee Tuition Exemption: CWU employees who wish to start, continue, or finish their educational journey may waive tuition for up to eight credits each quarter.
- Faculty and Staff Transitional Housing: A limited number of on-campus apartments are available for rent with 6 to 12 month leasing options. These units are subject to availability.
- RecWell Membership: CWU Recreation offers a wellness membership for current Faculty and Staff.
- SmartHealth Wellness: Eligible employees can qualify for an annual $125 wellness incentive.
- Student Loan Forgiveness: CWU employees receive access to the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Yakima-Ellensburg Commuter: Faculty and staff may purchase a Yakima-Ellensburg Commuter monthly Transit Pass via pre-tax payroll deduction.
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.