Built in 1965, Sparks is named for Loren D. Sparks, Professor of Education at Central from 1913-1950. Sparks is a first-year community that houses around 130 students. It is conveniently located near the Student Union and Recreation Center (SURC) and near the Student Health and Counseling Center.
- Substance free.
- Lounges on each floor.
- Co-ed by random room.
- Single and double occupancy.
- Limited triple occupancy.
- Covered bike storage.
- Coin-operated laundry facilities are available on first floor.
- Nearby lighted outdoor handball and half-court basketball courts, tennis courts, and large lawns for volleyball, football or just relaxing in the sun.
- One ADA accessible room with shared bath.
- Typical double room: approximately 150 sq. ft.; combined living/study/sleeping room. Furnished with beds, desks and chairs, closets.
Sparks Mailing Address:
903 E. 11th Ave.Sparks Hall Room_____Ellensburg, WA 98926
Office hours 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM everyday.
Emergency Meeting Locations
In the event of an emergency where we need to evacuate the building go to the following locations, primary would be where you go to first and if that could not happen, go to the secondary:
- Primary: Volleyball court east of Sparks in front of Davies Hall
- Secondary: Barto Lawn