Monday4/29 Austin Room 338
· RHLC meeting @ 5:00PM
· REC LLC meeting @ 6:00PM
Tuesday 4/30 Luke Room 238
· Roller Derby and Feminism: A look at the feminist aspects of the sport of roller derby, in Black Hall 152 @ 6:30pm
· Seattle Mariners vs. Orioles @ 7:10pm
Reduced pricing for all CWU Alumni, Faculty, Staff and Students.
Go to www.mariners.com/CWU and enter CWU as your Special Offer Code
· Sharpening the Picture: How to identify and respond to human trafficking & sexual assault @ 3pm in SURC 135
· Call of Duty Tournament @ 7:00PM in Meisner
· Vietnamese night with Phuc @ 8:30PM in Beck
Wednesday 5/1 Diana Room 318
· Primate Awareness Week!
Dr. Marc Bekoff will be speaking @ 5:30pm in Black Hall 152
Look out for events this week (like free chimposiums!)
· WHO WILL YOU VOTE FOR? General Candidates Debate, SURC Pit @ 6pm.
ONLINE VOTING FOR ASCWU-BOD
Elections starts at midnight!
Thursday 5/2 Patti Room 150
· ASCWU-BOD GENERAL ELECTION, 10am-7pm in the SURC, online voting closes at 7pm
· Open Mic Night in the SURC Pit @ 7pm
Friday 5/3 Diana Room 318
Saturday 5/4 Diana Room 318
Sunday5/5 Jackie Room 218
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
As you all should know, (or if you don’t, now you do!) It’s the season for some Olympic level competition! Sign up for the remaining events with an RA during Office Hours (7-8). Here are some awesome ways to set Beck Hall apart from the rest and get ahead on the points:
Did you know?
-Watermelons, which are 92% water, originated from the Kalahari Desert in Africa.
-Tarantulas can live for up to 30 years
-The tiny hairs on crab claws and other parts of their body are for detecting currents and vibrations.
-The dot above the letter ‘i’ is called a Tittle.
-The word “comet” comes from the Greek word “kometes” meaning long hair, referring to a tail.
-“Arachibutyrophobia” is the fear of Peanut Butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
-1 out of 20 people has an extra rib.
-The first owner of the Marlboro Cigarette Company died of lung cancer
All through this quarter you can turn in your grades to earn your floor points. The floor with the most points earns a pizza and Ice Cream Party the last week of classes.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO SMOKE, SMOKE 25 FEET AWAY FROM THE BUILDING.
Quickly exit the building
Meet across the street in the SURC parking lot
Check in with an RA
Quiet hours are 10pm-7am every day
Have a maintenance issue?
Call (509)963-3000 or use the CWU Portal system online
Current Fall 2012 Wildcat Welcome Weekend Booklets are now online for you to view. Click Here to vieDeShields Honored With National Distinguished Service Award
June 7, 2012 ELLENSBURG, Wash. — Richard DeShields, Central Washington University's Associ