A History Undergraduate Degree from CWU offers:
- small class sizes
- personal attention from professors
- maximum scheduling flexibility with non-sequential classes
- a capstone seminar that allows you to demonstrate your research skills
- instruction and mentoring from professors dedicated to teaching and to scholarship
- acquisition of skills that translate into a multitude of career paths
- the opportunity to read lots of books and articles
- the chance to learn about history across the globe, as well as in your own backyard
- the chance to study abroad through a variety of CWU-approved or faculty-led programs
The History Department offers a variety of options for students:
Tips for History Undergraduates
- Most of our upper-division courses (with the exception of Pacific Northwest History and U.S. Military History) are offered once every two or three years. So, if there is a course that interests you, sign up rather than waiting. Our lower division courses are offered nearly every quarter.
- Be aware that you need a C or above in HIST 302 and HIST 481 to have those courses count toward your major.
- Most importantly, get to know your professors and classmates. We're all happy to answer any questions you might have!