Diversity and Health Careers encompass several issues, and we address two major ones:
- The diversity of the healthcare workforce needs to better reflect that of the populations it treats.
- All healthcare workers need to be aware of their patients' varying cultural perspectives on health and healing. The term used in health professions to describe this goal is "cultural competence," and it is a major issue in current health careers training.
- The Diversity in the National Health Care Workforce
- Learn about Public Health careers that focus on Diversity in Washington State's Health Care Workforce
- Cross-cultural Perspectives on Health and Healing
- Explore a wide range of issues related to diversity and cross cultural perspectives in health careers.
Look for other diversity issues, such as gender or disabilities and health careers, on this web site in the future.