Pre-Veterinary Medicine Home | Advisors | Prerequisite Courses | Accredited Veterinary Schools | Relevant Resources | Volunteering | Application Process | GRE Information | FAQ's |
It is important to have a solid understanding of veterinary medicine before applying to a veterinary program. Most schools require a minimum of 500 hours of hands-on animal-related experience.
- Make an appointment to introduce yourself to the doctor or clinic manager.
- Bring a resume to your first meeting.
- Experience must go beyond observation effort.
- Clinic supervisors or doctors should be able to assess applicant’s interest in animal well-being, work habits and personal integrity.
- Appropriate settings include but are not limited to: veterinary practices, animal medical environments, commercial animal production operations, regulatory animal control and humane shelters, animal entertainment (zoos, etc.), or animal research institutions.
|Local Ellensburg Clinics or Shelters|
Critter Care Animal Clinic
Ellensburg Animal Hospital
Mt. Stewart Animal Clinic
Valley Veterinary Clinic
Ellensburg Animal Shelter