Geographic basis of international trade with special emphasis on the Pacific Northwest. One-day field trip to Puget Sound.
Knowledge and Skills Developed:
- Knowledge of the main patterns in the geography of international trade, how those patterns have changed over time, and the factors shaping those patterns.
- Knowledge of main trade theories and their applicability in spatial analyses.
- Ability to conduct quantitative spatial analyses of trade data using spreadsheet software.
- Appreciation for the role of Washington State in international trade.
- Ability to research a particular facet of the geography of international trade and report the results in expository writing and an oral presentation.