Applied concepts, principles, and operation of fundamental GIS applications, including raster-vector data models, topology, digitizing, and various analytical techniques such as overlay, buffers, and Boolean queries.Knowledge and Skills Developed:
- Learn new ArcGIS tools and practice skills introduce in Geog 303.
- Develop an improved understanding of how to use GIS for analysis.
- Learn the GIS problem solving process – how to define the information requirement, identify data and tools that can help provide information, analyze the data and present results.
- Improve your skills at acquiring, editing and creating GIS data.
- Learn how to evaluate GIS data to determine if it is appropriate for your needs.