- 1st and 2nd year courses in the Foreign Languages department are offered sequentially. This means that 151 and 251 are offered in Fall, 152 and 252 are offered in Winter and 153 and 253 are offered in Spring.
Fall Winter Spring 151 – First Year 152 – First Year 153 – First Year 251 – Second Year 252 – Second Year 253 – Second Year
- Because the classes are sequential, they build on each other and cannot be taken out of order unless you test into a higher level within the sequence.
- We only offer Spanish as an intensive 15-credit sequence over the 9-week session in the summer (this is the only language in which 1 year of the language can be completed in a single quarter).
- The CLEP exam can be taken in French, German, or Spanish to obtain credit for either first or second year (depending on proficiency).
- In Spanish, if you place into 300 level classes, you need to take 341 (for non-heritage speakers) and 345 (for heritage speakers) in FALL because they are the pre-requisites for most all other upper division courses. The only way to get into courses in the Winter or Spring is to take 341/345 in Fall.
- If you have any questions, please speak with an advisor as soon as possible.
Name Language Office # Phone Number Jer Loudenback ASL LANG 102C VP: (509) 834-7579 email@example.com TBA Chinese LANG 102 (509) 963-1218 firstname.lastname@example.org Michael Johnson French LANG 102I (509) 963-1218 email@example.com Laurie Moshier German LANG 102G (509) 963-1219 firstname.lastname@example.org Josh Nelson Japanese LANG 102O (509) 963-1768 email@example.com Eric Mayer Spanish LANG 102N (509) 963-3334 firstname.lastname@example.org Dinara Georgeoliani Russian LANG 102F (509) 963-3343 email@example.com