Skip to body

Financial Aid

Work Study Information for Students

How to get Work-Study

  • You complete the FAFSA.
  • The next step is to make sure to respond promptly to any request for information from the Financial Aid office and to check your MyCWU account frequently to check the progress of your aid.
  • You must qualify for need-based financial aid to be eligible for Work-Study.
  • You must be enrolled at least 1/2 time (6 credits for undergraduate students and 5-6 credits for graduate students).
  • You must have continued eligibility for financial aid per the Financial Aid Satisfactory Progress Policy.
  • Your Work-study award will not be made until they submit a completed WSPAF, filled out by you and your off-campus employer or the on-campus employer has submitted the Upload Spreadsheet. You and your employer will be notified if we are unable to fulfill your request.
  • Please schedule an appointment or call with a Financial Aid Counselor if you have questions about your work-study eligibility.

How to apply for Jobs

  • It is your responsibility to find a job. Financial Aid does not find jobs or place students in jobs. It is recommended that students directly contact employers and ask for an interview. Each employer will conduct their own interview process. Because many employers do not always post open jobs, you are strongly encouraged to directly inquire where you want to work.
  • If you need assistance in your job search you may contact Career Services located in Bouillon Hall, Room 206, or by phone at (509) 963-1921.

Off-Campus Jobs:

  • Check the Job Board located on the first floor of Bouillon Hall, the Wildcat Career Network or inquire directly with employers. The Wildcat Career Network is located at: > Human Resources (link located at the bottom of the CWU home page) > Career Opportunities > Wildcat Career Network (highlighted in blue). You can also log in to the Wildcat Career Network under the Applications menu on your MyCWU dashboard.
  • If you know of an off-campus employer you want to work for and the job is in their major area or an area of career interest, but the employer can't afford to hire you, contact the Financial Aid office to inquire about the off-campus Work-Study program. Students can develop an off-campus position for themselves that will advance their career goals.

On-Campus Jobs:

  • We have gone paperless for on campus Work-Study.
  • All positions are listed on our online job board: Please apply through the online job posting. Work-study will be awarded if applicable.
  • How to navigate the website:
    • You will need to create a new account if you have not used Careers before, it is not connected to your MyCWU account.
    • Filter the postings by the job family “student” to only view student positions.
    • Make sure the website is open in its own browser with no other tabs open.
    • Try clearing the History, Cookies, and Cache in your browser if the website is not working correctly.
    • If you have any questions about a specific job, feel free to get in touch with the contact person listed at the bottom of the posting.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.