Skip to body

Financial Aid

Student Loan Websites and Phone Numbers

Federal Student Aid Information Center

The Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) serves the public with information about the federal student aid application process and can provide comprehensive assistance in English and Spanish on general information related to federal student aid, the FAFSA application, FAFSA corrections, FAFSA4caster, the US Dept of Education’s grant and loan programs and student loan history.

800-433-3243 phone
800-730-8913 TTY

*Federal Student Aid ID:

*Student Aid on the Web:

Information and Required Documentation for Student and Parent Loans is your source for information from the US Dept of Education on how to manage your student loans.  To complete Entrance Counseling, the Master Promissory Note, the PLUS Loan Request Process or to Endorser a PLUS Loan you will need to sign into this site with your FSA ID.

Applicant Services: 800-557-7394 phone
  877-461-7010 TTY

Federal Loan Servicer Information

*FedLoan Servicing (PHEAA)

*Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc.



*Sallie Mae

Exit Counseling and Federal Loan Balances/History

The National Student Loan Data System or NSLDS provides the exit counseling tutorial for all graduating seniors, students who drop below 1/2 –time enrollment and those students who separate from their university.  Exit Counseling provides you with information about repayment plans, your total federal loan indebtedness and resources to help you manage your loan repayment.  The NSLDS loan history summary provides you with a listing of all federal student loans you have borrowed while in school and who is servicing those loans.

For assistance: 800-433-3243 phone
  800-730-8913 TTY

Public Service & Teacher Loan Forgiveness Programs

The Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program was enacted by Congress in 2007 to encourage individuals to enter and continue to work full-time in public service jobs. Under this program, borrowers may qualify for forgiveness of the remaining balance due on their eligible federal student loans after they have made 120 payments on those loans, under certain repayment plans, while employed full time by certain public service employers.  The Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program is intended to encourage individuals to enter and continue to teach in certain elementary and secondary schools that serve low-income families.  Eligible teachers may qualify for loan forgiveness of up to a combined total of $17,500 in principal and interest.  For more information on both of these programs go to and click on the Loan Forgiveness links under “Managing Repayment”.

Perkins Loans Repayment/Consolidation/Forgiveness

The repayment of your Federal Perkins Loan is done directly with the school you borrowed the Perkins Loan from.  If you borrowed a Perkins Loan while attending CWU or for more information about your Perkins Loan repayment, consolidation and loan forgiveness options please contact the Student Accounts Office.

Direct Loan Consolidation

Under this program, a borrower’s individual loans are paid off and a new consolidation loan is created.  Consolidation simplifies loan repayment by combining several loans into one new loan.  The interest rate may be lower as well as your monthly payment amount.  Borrowers should research loan forgiveness eligibility before consolidating their loans as forgiveness benefits may be lost upon consolidation.

Default Resolution Group

For questions related to individual loan status and repayment of loans in default and owed to the Dept of Education.

Office of the Ombudsman FSA

The Ombudsman Office is a final resource after individuals look for help through other customer service avenues.  Borrowers concerned about student loans should first contact their loan servicer or visit the Ombudsman Office website for further information.  To file an on-line assistance request go to

US Mail:

Office of the Ombudsman
US Department of Education
Fourth Floor (UCP-3/MS 5144)
830 First Street NE
, DC  20202-5144


Total & Permanent Disability Discharge and Veterans Disability Discharge

For questions about applying for a discharge a borrower should first contact their loan servicer/holder.  If the borrower has already applied for a discharge and the loan holder has assigned/referred the loan(s) to the Department of Education, the borrower should contact the Nelnet Total and Permanent Disability Servicer.


  • A borrower who is hearing-impaired may web chat with a representative by visiting the total and permanent disability website and clicking on “Chat Now”.
  • A borrower who has special needs and requires assistance navigating the total and permanent disability discharge process simply needs to request assistance when he/she contacts the Nelnet Total and Permanent Disability Servicer.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.