IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SUMMER AID
Summer aid is not included in your academic year award and requires separate processing. Summer Cost of Attendance is based on the session length. Summer term is the last quarter of the award year at CWU and typically funds are extremely limited by this time of year.
Important reminder: By registering for summer term, you incur a legal obligation to pay tuition and fees even if you have no summer term financial aid eligibility. This debt may canceled only if you officially withdraw via MyCWU or by contacting the Registrar's Office before the appropriate course refund deadline. Contact our office at (509) 963-1611 before you register if you have eligibility questions pr if you are unable to complete the application online.
To be eligible:
- Undergraduates must enroll in minimum of six (6) credits, five (5) credits in 501 level classes or above for graduate students.
- You must have remaining aid eligibility for 2014-15. This includes aggregate and annual loan limits as well as remaining Pell eligibility.
- Submit your 2014-15 FAFSA to the federal processor no later than June 30, 2015. (If you have not already done so).
To be considered for summer aid, a student must complete the following processes.
- The student must have a valid FAFSA on file for the previous academic year. For example, for Summer Session 2015, a student must have a 2014-2015 FAFSA on file.
- The student must complete a CWU summer application.
- Federal Pell Grant is only available to Pell eligible students who have not already received their full annual award for 2014-15. Remaining Pell eligibility will be evaluated for all summer aid applicants.
- Federal Subsidized & Unsubsidized Loans are only available if you have not already received the annual aggregate maximum. See this chart for annual loan limits.
- Federal PLUS loans require a new PLUS loan request and credit check. Borrowers need to apply at www.studentloans.gov. Be sure to select the June 2015-August 2015 application dates.
- Borrowers with private loans must apply directly through the lending institution in addition to completing the CWU Summer financial aid application online. Click here for more information about private loans.
|I have read this information, continue to the|