Awards are contingent on your eligibility at the time of disbursement.
- There is a 6 year lifetime limit on Pell Grant. If you exceed the lifetime limit, then the Pell Grant will be canceled prior to the next disbursement.
- Accept or Decline your aid online or in writing. To accept or decline online, go to:
www.cwu.edu > Wildcat Connection > Safari > scroll down, click on Safari sign-in link. [New Window] Self Service > Campus Finances > Accept/Decline Awards
- Cancel aid offers from other schools.
- Matriculate (be enrolled in a degree program) at Central Washington University.
- Provide proof of high school diploma, GED, or home schooling to the Admissions Office.
- Loans and institutional aid require a minimum enrollment of 6 credits. Graduates need to be enrolled in 5 credits at the 501 level or higher. Tuition waivers cannot exceed actual tuition charges. Adjustments will be made as necessary.
- Inform the Financial Aid Office in writing (preferably via e-mail from your CWU email account) if you have grant aid and enroll in less than 12 credits. Your aid will be adjusted if necessary.
- Aid will be adjusted according to your enrollment at the end of the Change of Schedule Add/Drop period, known as "Census Date." Aid cannot be re-awarded for late enrollment.
- Make satisfactory progress toward a degree and maintain enrollment status at the level needed for disbursed aid.
(See CWU Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy at www.cwu.edu/financial-aid/sap).
- Keep your address, phone number, and e-mail current on www.cwu.edu – Wildcat Connection – Safari.
- Frequently check your CWU GroupWise e-mail account, as well as your Safari "To Do List," and account balance.
- Repay all or part of your financial aid should you withdraw, drop, or fail to attend during the quarter in which aid has disbursed. The amount of repayment owed will be calculated in accordance with the CWU Return of Funds Policy.
- First time loan borrowers must complete online entrance counseling and sign promissory notes.
- Parents taking out a PLUS loan must complete the online PLUS Request process each time you borrow, and complete a Parent PLUS Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov the first time you borrow for each student. The parent completing the online PLUS Request and MPN must sign into the website using the FAFSA PIN issued to them. Either parent can apply for a PLUS loan, it does not have to be the parent whose information appears on the FAFSA.
NOTE: March is the priority deadline for FAFSA application and May 1 is the priority deadline for providing all verification and other requested documents. If you are submitting an application or verification documents after the priority deadlines, you should have a contingency plan for paying your charges because aid may not be ready by the due date. It is crucial to respond immediately to any requests for additional information.
You must Accept, Reduce, or Decline your aid online at www.cwu.edu – Wildcat Connection – Safari. If a revision is made to your award, it will be posted on Safari and a notice sent to your GroupWise e-mail. All conditions as stated will apply to revisions and all financial aid offered.
Central Washington University reserves the right, in accordance with applicable state and federal guidelines, to reduce, cancel, or change student awards if funds are insufficient to meet the needs of all students who have been awarded. All awards offered by Central Washington University, and all funds received from Central Washington University, are subject to the conditions, instructions, and student responsibilities outlined in this notification form and other publications, policies, and procedures produced or distributed by the Financial Aid Office. Tuition Waivers may be reduced, changed, or eliminated if the student receives other aid that is restricted to paying tuition.
SCHOLARSHIPS / GRANTS / RESOURCES: Federal regulations require that scholarships, grants, and resources be considered a part of the total financial aid award and may reduce other financial aid. You are required to report outside scholarships, grants, and resources (such as guaranteed sources and DVR) to the Financial Aid Office.
WORK-STUDY: Eligible students will receive the Work-Study Personnel Action Form in the mail soon after their initial award package if the FAFSA indicated interest in Work Study. If you are interested but did not indicate so on the FAFSA, please contact the Financial Aid Office. Go to www.cwu.edu/student-employment to search the online Job Board. Contact Financial Aid if you have questions.
For Tax related issues please see www.irs.gov/formspubs/
WARNING: Any person who knowingly makes a false statement or a misrepresentation on forms used to apply for assistance shall be subject to a fine of not more than $20,000 and sent to prison or both per the U.S. Code, HEA of 1965.