We encourage all students to apply for financial aid. Don't assume you are not eligible because of your income level. A variety of need-based and non-need-based programs are available to supplement student and family resources.
To be eligible for federal, state, or institutional aid at CWU, you must:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Title IV Code: 003771
- Provide your social security number to the Admissions Office and be admitted as a degree-seeking student
- Promptly respond to requests for information from the Financial Aid Office
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Register with the U.S. Selective Services (males 18 -26)
- Send final transcripts to the Admissions Office
Note: Merit offers are based on academic performance, but still require a FAFSA application before funds will disburse.
Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you have questions or concerns about the financial aid process.
400 East University Way
Ellensburg, Washington 98926-7495
Phone: (509) 963- 1611
Fax: (509) 963-1788
EXPECTED FAMILY CONTRIBUTION
The data gathered from the FAFSA is used by the federal Department of Education to determine the amount of money you or your family could reasonably contribute toward your education for this year. The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) appears on the Student Aid Report (SAR) which you receive after submitting the FAFSA. The EFC may or may not be the amount you actually end up paying for college.