Skip to body

Financial Aid

Washington Application for State Financial Aid

On February 26th, 2014, Governor Inslee signed the Dream Act, known in Washington State as the Real Hope Act, into law. This law allows undocumented non-citizens, who are unable to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to their immigration status, to apply for State Financial Aid through the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) application.


Students should apply online for State Aid at:

Eligibility requirements include:

  • Must have graduated from a Washington high school or obtained a GED® (or will do so before beginning college)
  • Must have lived in Washington for three years prior to, and continuously since, earning a high school diploma or equivalent
  • Must sign an affidavit (written promise) to file an application to become a permanent resident of the United States when eligible to apply*
  • Must meet Washington State Need Grant Program requirements

*Students granted deferred action for childhood arrival (DACA) must also complete and sign the affidavit. If you are College Bound eligible, you must provide your I-797 form to the Registrar’s office before your College Bound scholarship can be awarded. To ensure you are applying on time, and you are meeting all eligibility requirements, please visit the ReadySetGrad website regularly.


Once you have completed and submitted your WASFA application, log into your MyCWU to check your file status and, once awarded, view your awards.

If you have any questions about your WASFA application, please contact the Financial Aid office at (509) 963-1611 or the Washington Student Achievement Council at (360) 753-7800

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.