Skip to body

Financial Aid

Involuntary Loss of Income

If your family's financial situation has changed since last filing your FAFSA you may be eligible to file a special circumstances appeal.

Special circumstances include, but are not limited to:

  • Substantial Involuntary Loss of Income: At least a 25% reduction in income between the prior year and the current year that has lasted for at least 10 weeks.
  • Death: The student has already applied for Federal Student Aid, but since that time, one of the student's parents has died.
  • There is a change in income, but does not fit one of the above reasons.


Revisions will be considered based upon the reason for the request and the supporting documentation provided. Dependent students will need to complete a Parent Contribution Revision Request and submit a signed copy of their parent's Federal Tax Transcript and W-2's. If the tax information is not yet available, please send the final pay stub or other supporting documentation with this revision request.

Please contact the financial aid office to discuss your situation with a financial aid counselor and learn the next steps for requesting a revision to your FAFSA application.

Your request will be given full consideration, however we can only consider fully documented situations that fall within the parameters of Federal Guidelines.

Take the Next Step...