Skip to body

Financial Aid

Financial Aid Disbursements to Your Student Account


DISBURSEMENT = credit your quarterly financial aid award amount to your student account
Assuming you have:

• Accepted aid
• Signed Master Loan Promissory Note (one time only)
• Completed loan New Borrower's Entrance Counseling (one time only)
• Enrolled in classes as a full time student
• Met Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements
• Have no holds on your student account

Funds will credit to your student account by the first day of the quarter if you’re enrolled full time. Immediately after the official Change of Schedule (Add/Drop) or 'census date,' grant aid will be adjusted for students who are enrolled in fewer than 12 credits. We will not adjust grants for classes added after the official Change of Schedule period.

REFUNDS = return of excess payment (financial aid disbursement amount exceeds applicable student account charges due)
You will receive an email from the Office of Student Financial Services when a refund check is ready or a direct deposit has been processed. Student Accounts Office (SFS) 963-3546. This is typically three days following census date.

To avoid late charges and financial holds, it is advisable to monitor your account on MyCWU and promptly pay any charges that are added after census date. Census is taken immediately following the close of the official change of schedule (Add/Drop) period.


In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), CWU cannot release information about your account or your financial aid to anyone but you – the student – even if your parents pay for your college costs. You can authorize CWU to release information regarding financial aid, billing, grades and/or disciplinary action or enrollment status to anyone of your choosing for a specific amount of time, by signing the Release of Information Form in the presence of a CWU staff member in the Financial Aid Office, Student Affairs Office, or the Student Financial Services Office. If you download the form and fill it out on your own, you will be required to have the form notarized for your protection. You may rescind this authorization at any time by written notice.


If a loan inadvertently disburses to your account, you may return the funds by contacting the Financial Aid Office and sending a check to CWU within 14 days to have the loan canceled, even if you have already cashed or deposited your refund check. You also may write VOID and return the refund check if you change your mind. Loan eligibility requires at least half time enrollment.


You pay your bill at Student Financial Services in Barge Hall Room 104, or by going to See make a payment on CWU homepage.

AUTHORIZATION FORM - Student Financial Services

You may sign a form in the Office of Student Financial Services which authorizes CWU to apply your federal aid funds to any charges. Without that authorization we may apply federal funds only to tuition, fees, and university room and board. We recommend that you sign the form to allow your aid to pay for book charges, Student Health Center charges, which helps to avoid late fees and holds. You are encouraged to check your student account before the registration period for the next quarter.  If you have a hold, your registration may be delayed, making it harder to get the classes you want.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.