Skip to body

Financial Aid

Award Letter


Once your EFC and your Cost of Attendance are established, your Financial Need can be calculated.


The Financial Aid award tries to meet your Need with one or more of the following:

  • Federal and State Grants
  • Outside Scholarships and Guaranteed Sources
  • Institutional Gift Aid
  • Work-Study
  • Subsidized Loans
  • Perkins Loan
  • Unsubsidized Federal Direct Student Loan
  • Federal Direct Parent Loan.
  • TEACH Grant/ Loan upon request 
    These funds can cover EFC and Unmet Need

Central attempts to offer aid up to the full Cost of Attendance. In order to accomplish this, your aid package may include:

  • Unsubsidized Federal Direct Student Loan
  • Federal Direct Parent Loan.
  • TEACH Grant/ Loan upon request 
    These funds can cover EFC and Unmet Need

Please accept or decline your award on-line via Campus Solutions. Navigate to > MyCWU > Sign In > Financial Toolbox >  Accept/Decline Awards, using your Central Washington University username and password. No aid will be processed unless you accept it.

100% for 12 or more credits
75% for three-quarter-time attendance (9-11 credits),
50% for half-time attendance (6-8 credits),
25% for less than half-time attendance, 3-5 credits for state aid.

Please note that not all students are eligible for all programs. You will be offered all aid types that you are eligible to receive within federal, state and institutional guidelines and fund limits. Because resources are limited in some of these programs, we encourage you to apply for financial aid by February 1. You may apply by clicking on this FAFSA link.

Once your available financial aid awards have been determined, you will either be sent a post card (new students) or sent an email (returning students). These communications will guide you to Campus Solutions Self Service. There you will find the Expected Family Contribution (EFC), the Cost of Attendance (COA), your calculated Need, and your financial aid offer. Please read the Conditions of Financial Aid Award, Satisfactory Progress Standards, Loan Conditions, and then accept or decline the offer of aid.

New Students

A postcard will be sent to notify you that you have been awarded financial aid. The postcard will also include directions on how to Accept/ Decline your award(s).

Returning Students

Once you have been awarded, you will receive an email notification through CWU’s Outlook email directing you to the online financial aid services.


  1. Be fully enrolled by the end of Change of Schedule. Aid cannot be adjusted for late enrollment.
  2. Maintain CWU Satisfactory Academic Progress and maintain enrollment status at the level needed for awarded aid (see CWU Satisfactory Progress Policy). (Although you may be offered aid, receiving aid is always contingent on your eligibility at the time of disbursement.)
  3. Accept or Decline your aid in writing or on-line at > MyCWU > Sign In > Financial Toolbox >  Accept/Decline Awards.
  4. Cancel aid offers from other schools.
  5. Matriculate (be admitted to a degree-seeking program) at Central Washington University.
  6. Enroll in a minimum of 6 credits. Graduates need to be enrolled in 5 credits at the 501 level or higher. 
  7. If you have grant aid and enroll in fewer than 12 credits, your aid will be adjusted. Please send a revision request  to the Financial Aid Office in advance. 
  8. Keep address, phone number, and e-mail current on MyCWU. There is a record of Financial Aid emails in MyCWU Self Service.
  9. Keep address, phone number, and e-mail current on the federal site
  10. Frequently check Outlook e-mail and the “To Do List” on-line on MyCWU.
  11. Repay all or part of your financial aid should you withdraw, drop, or fail to attend during the quarter for which aid was disbursed.  The amount of repayment owed will be calculated in accordance with the CWU Return of Funds Policy.
  12. Inform the Financial Aid Office if you are in a Continuing Education Program; tuition waivers cannot apply to Continuing education.
  13. Inform the Financial Aid Office in writing of outside scholarships, guaranteed sources, or other educational loans.
  14. You must be eligible at the time of disbursement.
  15. Aid will not pay if you do not meet Satisfactory Progress Standards.
  16. Aid will not pay if you owe more than $200 for prior year charges. Fall quarter is the first quarter of the award year.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.