Reimbursement for mileage on the use of privately owned vehicles on official University business will be the lesser of either (mileage reimbursement calculator):
- The State mileage rate of $0.565 per mile (effective 1/1/2013), or motorcycle rate of $0.305 per mile, based on the lesser of mileage traveled between:
- Official station to destination, or
- Official residence to destination
- The Motor Pool rate of $23.00 per day plus $0.27 per mile with no free miles. (The Motor Pool rate is used regardless of the type of vehicle that would have been requested from Motor Pool.)
Both calculations must be shown on the Travel Expense Voucher for each trip taken when claiming for mileage reimbursement. Each trip is considered ended upon return to official station or official residence.
Highway mileage between two points and vicinity mileage must be separately identified. Vicinity mileage will be approved for its reasonableness while conducting official University business. Reimbursement for transporting a traveler to an airport will be limited to the mileage of a single round trip to the airport. Reimbursement of mileage for two round trips will be authorized where it is more economical instead of incurring long term parking fees.
Employees attending the same conference, meeting or workshop are encouraged to coordinate their trips so they travel together. Mileage reimbursement will be denied for the use of a private vehicle if another private vehicle or motor pool car was available to accommodate the individual for the same trip.
Whenever two or more employees are traveling in one car on official business, mileage will be paid to only one of the employees on the same trip and in the same car. Operators and passengers of vehicles are limited to University employees and students while conducting official University business. Operators must possess a valid driver's license.
Following are the exceptions where the traveler will receive mileage reimbursement at $0.565 per mile:
- The traveler's official station (not residence) is not Ellensburg.
- The traveler is flying to his/her destination and the car will be left at the airport for a period of time that makes it economical to the state for the employee to use his/her own vehicle.
- The traveler requests a Motor Pool vehicle well in advance and no car is available. A statement of non availability from Motor Pool must accompany the Travel Expense Voucher. This may be included on the face of the Travel Expense Voucher or attached separately.
CWU employees traveling on official business are welcomed to use the Airporter Shuttle if preferred when traveling to and from SeaTac International.
For more information and reservations contact the Airporter Shuttle at 509-225-7433 or 866-235-5427 or at www.airporter.com.