Skip to body

Business and Financial Affairs

Payroll Services Frequently Asked Questions

When is payday?

Paydays fall on the 10th and 25th of every month. When you work the 1st through the 15th of a month, you will be paid for that time on the 25th of that month. When you work the 16th through the end of the month, you will be paid for that time on the 10th of the following month.


How do I receive my pay?

Central Washington University offers 2 options for employees to receive pay. Employees are responsible to fill out, sign and submit either the Direct Deposit Authorization or Request for Mailing Payroll Checks to the payroll office within 20 days of employment in order to designate the manner in which pay is distributed.

All new employees will be able to receive a physical (paper) check to be picked up in the cashier's office for up to the first 30 days of employment to allow adequate time to designate a pay option.

If you are still unsure of where your pay is, contact the payroll office or your supervisor.


How do I sign up for Direct Deposit?

Forms for direct deposit are available at the Payroll office in Mitchell hall 2nd floor. You will need to bring a voided check if you would like it deposited in a checking account or a savings deposit slip if you'd like it deposited in a savings account.


What if my paycheck is short hours?

Go to your supervisor or manager. They keep track of all your hours. Once it is determined that you were shorted hours, if it is a small amount of hours your supervisor or manager must fill out a Pay Request Form for retro hours, and attach back up timesheets/explanation. Submit the form to the payroll department and the hours will be added to your next paycheck. If it is a large amount of hours a Check Request form must be filled out with attached timesheets and submitted to Student Employment if a student, otherwise to Human Resource Office to be reviewed and forwarded to the Payroll office. Payroll will produce an online check, to be picked up at cashiers. Online checks will not be automatically deposit to your bank.


What if I didn't receive a paycheck and should have?

Go to your supervisor so they may research the problem.


Where do I go to change the information on my W-4?

You may obtain a new W4 form from the following offices.

  • Student Employment - Barge 102
  • Human Resources - Bouillon 140
  • Payroll office - Mitchell Hall 2nd floor
  • Provost office - Barge 310M

Once form is completed the new information will be input into the system. Please note this could take up to three weeks time for the new form to be in effect on your paycheck. If after this time you do not see the changes please contact the payroll department. *Please note that a new W4 is not necessary to change an address.


W-4 - Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate

You may update your W-4 information online by loggine into MyCWU, clicking on your Employee tab, then the Payroll folder and W-4 Tax Information. A paper W-4 is available at Payroll Services, Mitchell Hall 2nd floor.


How do I change my name or address?

Personal information may be updated on-line by logging into MyCWU, clicking on Employee, then the Personal folder and selecting the item you which to update.

*Please noteEmployees initiating a name change MUST take their updated Social Security card to Human Resources.  Per the Social Security Administration (SSA), the name on your social security card must match the name on your W-2.


Where do I take my I-9 form once I have it completed?

Please see the HR website for information  Log into MyCWU ( and click on Employee, then Personal and Complete and Submit I-9 Form (follow the instructions).


Where is the payroll office located and what are the hours?

The Payroll Office is located in Mitchell Hall 2nd floor - a Payroll sign hangs from the ceiling. Office hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.


[Back To Top]

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.