The Child and Family Learning Center is an innovative concept related to the social support of children, adults, and families on the CWU campus, the city of Ellensburg, and the surrounding Kittitas County. Immediate goals for the center include the following:
- formalize relationship with community service providers to the end of establishing a central point of contact for individuals and families in the community who are seeking services or enrichment opportunities
- work with community providers and leaders in seeking collaborative grants and contracts to expand services and conduct research related to improving services for children, teens, families, and seniors.
- coordinate efforts on campus and in the community to plan, develop, implement and evaluate educational programs to improve skills of child care providers at all levels and consistent with the QRIS
- promote the planning, development and implementation of family life education programs for students, staff, faculty, and community residents at all developmental stages and across all stages of the family life cycle
- support interdisciplinary research activities relative to child and family issues and facilitate dissemination of that knowledge in a meaningful way for practitioners and service providers in the community
- establish Parent University at ECLC/Rainbow Center with plans for expanding to the Ellensburg community
- integrate existing academic and service programs on the Ellensburg campus and to increase community awareness of those programs