Applicant must fulfill the following:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student in sophomore, junior, or senior year in an accredited college or university in Washington state with a major in Family and Consumer Science, or in a recognized field in Family and Consumer Science.
- Have a cumulative GPA of not less than 3.0.
- Demonstrate leadership and participation in professional and community activities.
Application requirements are:
- A written statement explaining what this scholarship would mean to you, your professional ambitions and future plans. The statement will serve as a sample of your writing ability and will provide insight into your desire to be a home economist.
- An explanation of your extra-curricular activities, including employment, which will be evaluated for leadership ability and for a willingness to give for the benefit of society. WAFCS strongly encourages volunteer community service.
- Recommendation form signed by the chair of the Family and Consumer Sciences department.
- One statement of recommendation from a faculty member (could be department chair) which provides an assessment of your academic potential for success, based on motivation to learn, communication skills, ability to analyze and synthesize information, and perseverance. Two letters of recommendation from persons of your choice, i.e. another faculty member, an employer, volunteer supervisor, etc.
- Official grade transcripts in sealed envelope from all colleges and universities attended. Include grade transcripts through the most recently completed quarter.
- If majoring in a field other than Family and Consumer Science, write an explanation of the connection with Family and Consumer Science.
For more information, please see our contact information. Thank you.