Director - International Experiential Learning Program, Associate Professor
Office: Michaelsen, Room 231
Office Phone: 509-963-1967
- Central Washington University, 2007 to present.
- University of Idaho, Department of Conservation Social Science, 2004-2006.
Professional Presentations and Scholarship
- Sustainable tourism: Strategic planning; cultural dimensions of resource management planning; nature-based tourism strategies.
- Community capacity building: Leadership development; attracting and expanding social capital; asset-based approaches to community building; community coaching – tailoring leadership training to community contexts to guide systemic change.
- Sustainable Development: Developing strategic action plans; adaptive management systems; sustainable approaches to revenue generation; outcome-based performance evaluation.
Dr. Cohen has traveled extensively in Ecuador, Greece, Sweden, Israel, Egypt, Tanzania, and Nicaragua