PERFORMING OUR BEST
IT IS THE RIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITY OF EVERY EMPLOYEE:
To treat others and be treated with respect;
To perform with integrity, honestly and professionalism;
To participate constructively in open communication;
To help to resolve issues;
To improve work performance;
To take an active part in generating a mutually supportive environment
Treat others and be treated with respect:
- Be considerate and cooperative;
- Recognize that diversity is an asset and
- Value the cultural, physical and professional difference among us;
- Make no unwelcome or discriminatory comments; and
- Report discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and/or retaliation.
Perform with integrity, honesty and professionalism:
- Report to work on time;
- Embrace policies, labor contracts, directives and expectations;
- Be effective and productive in the performance of our jobs;
- Ask for clarification when unsure; and
- Verify the accuracy of information before repeating it.
Participate constructively in open communication:
- Use staff meetings and informational materials to stay informed of
- Unit, department and CWU goals and work objectives;
- Give and accept positive and constructive feedback; and
- Advise other when our work will impact them.
Help to resolve issues:
- Discuss job concerns with our co-workers;
- Participate inclusively in problem solving and decision-making;
- Know which units are responsible for different types of work
- so that we can make quick and correct referrals; and
- Acknowledge communication differences.
Improve work performance:
- Contribute and share ideas and expertise to encourage efficiency and productivity;
- Take advantage of learning opportunities including those focused on the world views, cultures and lifestyles of our diverse community.
Take an active part in generating a mutually supportive environment:
- Recognize that we are all doing our best;
- Offer assistance when we can;
- Be reasonable in the demands we make on each other; and
- Develop relationships and activities to serve the vision and mission of Central Washington University.