Skip to body


Contact Us

6:30 am to 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday

Physical Address:
Jongeward Plant Services, 
205 East 11th Avenue, Ellensburg, WA 98926-7523

Mailing Address
Central Washington University
Facilities Management Department
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7523

Campus Mail Stop: 7523

24-Hour Telephone Line:
(509) 963-3000


CWU Wildcat Statue Installation
CWU wildcat statue installation



6:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
509-963-3259 during business hours
for emergencies while using a State vehicle
Jongeward Plant Operations Building
205 E.11th Ave.
(Corner of D St. & Wildcat Way)

Motorpool provides safe and reliable rental vehicles to CWU staff, faculty, and students at competitive and less than or comparable rates of Enterprise and other Washington State Higher Ed institutions.


The use of Motorpool vehicles are for any CWU staff, faculty, or students. No children, pets, or smoking is allowed in any State vehicle. If you are traveling long distance a CWU gas credit card will be checked out to the driver when the keys are picked up.


Staff, Faculty, Students: A Motorpool Request form is required to reserve any type vehicle. The building secretaries can get a Motorpool request form completed and authorized. The completed form can be mailed to Motorpool at MS 7523 or dropped off to the office. When its time for your trip you must come to the Motorpool office to pick up the keys, request form, and gas card if needed. If you depart early morning, after business hours or on a weekend you must pick up the keys before end of the business day.

Clubs & Organizations: CWU Motorpool rents vehicles to CWU departments including Clubs and Organizations for various Club/Organization related activities. To ensure that a vehicle is available for your event, be sure to reserve your vehicle well in advance of travel.  In order to reserve a Motorpool vehicle you must have the club account set up and complete an expense form; this is done in the Accounting office, located at the SURC 263. Once an expense form is completed and approved, bring the form to the Motorpool office in order to reserve the vehicle. See SURC Accounting

Vehicle Not Available: Motorpool will stamp the card to this effect, thus allowing the traveler to be reimbursed at the current state rate. The Motorpool stamped card must be attached to the travel expense report when claiming for mileage reimbursement.

State Reimbursement Rate


When the trip is completed the driver will return the vehicle to the Motorpool parking lot. Its required to write on the request form the starting and ending mileage and place the form, the keys, and a gas card if assigned into the key drop box in front of the Jongeward building. If its during business hours, the driver can return the keys inside.


Sedans:  $24 daily rate, and $.29 mileage rate
8 Passenger Van: $30 daily rate, and $.40 mileage rate
12 Passenger Van: $34 daily rate, and $.46 mileage rate


The WorkSafe Institute of Washington has developed a course designed to provide drivers with the critical safe driving techniques necessary to reduce the rollover potential associated with 15-Passenger vans.  Central Washington University has adopted this training program as a requirement for all staff, faculty, and students who drive university 15-passenger vans.

The course outlines the differences between 15-Passenger vans and standard passenger vehicles, load vs. no-load stability factors, issues of visual misperception, and useful tips and techniques for parking and navigation.

If you are a first time driver of a CWU 15-Passenger van, you must complete the course in person at the Motorpool Office by coming into the office during normal business hours and listen to a 20 minute tutorial and then take the exam. Drivers are required to renew their certification each year. Renewals may be achieved via the on-line test. 

The online test is only for drivers who have been previously certified.Contact the office at 963-3259 to request a username and password. Click the link below to renew your certification.

Van-Safety Renewal Quiz 

Washington State requires all 15-Passenger van certified drivers to complete the Valid License to Drive and Driving Experience Statement and the Safe Driving Practices Acknowledgment Statement.

These forms need to be filled out completely and returned to the Motorpool office before initial operation of the van. A copy of the signed form will be maintained on file in the Motorpool office and a copy will be provided to the driver if so desired. If you are a first-time user these statement forms will be given to each driver at the time of the tutorial. If you are renewing your certification click the link below, where you may print a copy and have completed. These forms may be dropped off to the Motorpool office or sent to MS 7523.

Van Safety Statements