Skip to body


Contact Us

Facilities Hours:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Ph: (509) 963-3000

Lock Shop Hours:
By appointment only
Ph: (509) 963-2917

Mail Services Hours:
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Ph: (509) 963-1807

Central Stores Summer Hours: 
7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Ph: (509) 963-2055

Physical Address:
Jongeward Plant Services, 
205 East 11th Avenue
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7523

Mailing Address
Central Washington University
Facilities Management Department
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7523

Campus Mail Stop: 7523

24-Hour Telephone Line:
(509) 963-3000


Snow Removal
CWU wildcat statue installation

Guide to Moving

Relocations typically occur due to a building remodel, the completion of a new facility, re-organization, or a space assignment change required to better support University operations. The instructions that follow are designed to simplify the preparation, move-in and resettling process.

Prior to the move

Make arrangements with IS to relocate computers, transfer voice and data connections a soon as a potential move is contemplated.  The actual disconnect should be scheduled to be done the afternoon prior to the move date.  Early contact of IS for move support is critical when moves involve the addition of new data jacks, re-cabling or if the move is to be scheduled during break or holiday periods.  A service request form can be found at:

Two weeks prior

Notify Mail Services of the change of location and date of service change (ext.#1807.)

Make arrangements with the Lock Shop for new keys, key signature cards, and to turn in old keys.

Make arrangements with Surplus & Asset Management to remove any surplus items prior to the move.

After opening a facilities service request, make arrangements with custodial transportation services, ext. 1155, to perform a "pre-move walk-through" to schedule move date and plan for furniture relocation.  Please note that in many campus facilities, furniture was purchased with capital construction funds and must remain in the building.  Also note that newer facilities may have building furnishing standards that prohibit the use of non-standard or personal furnishings.


Personnel within departments/operations being moved are responsible for packing their office and personal material into boxes, prior to the scheduled move date.

Tip: Boxes should not be over or under packed. Tops should lay flat and close easily.

Special boxes for moving will be provided by Facilities Management. Request boxes by leaving a voice mail with Custodial Services, ext. 1155, with the following information:

• Name of department
• Name of individual
• Name of building presently occupied
• Room number presently occupied
• Number of boxes needed (boxes measure approximately 12"W x 12"H x 20"L)

The contents of all shelves and furniture, including contents of all lateral file cabinets and desk drawers must be packed in the boxes provided by Facilities Management.  Vertical file cabinets up to 5 drawer need not be emptied. 

Special moving labels will be provided for the boxes and those items too large to be boxed. The label should be placed on the end of the box and must have the following information on the label:

• Name of individual
• Name of building individual is moving into
• Room number items are to be moved to

    - To avoid the risk of loss, unlabeled items will not be moved.
    - Take care not to pack items in "Recycle Boxes."

Personal items need some special handling. Pictures, plants, photographs, etc., can be moved by the move crew provided that the owner assumes the risks.  All are encouraged to deal with their own personal items. 


Facilities Management's moving crew will move all labeled items. Due to the risk of personal injury, personnel being moved are asked not to move any boxed or unboxed items on their own.

Unpacking of items moved into the new space will be the responsibility of individuals being moved. If assistance is needed regarding furniture arrangement, desk adjustments or if you have any concerns about your move, please contact the move crew by calling ext. 1155 

Moving Items - Hanging Items - Furniture Arrangement?

Note:  Boxes provided by Facilities Management are State property purchased with State funds and must be retrieved by Facilities Management. Call ext. 1155 to request retrieval of emptied boxes.


Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.