Skip to body

Exploratory Advising

How to Register

The registration process is detailed in the CWU Student Registration Handbook. Go to the Registrar's page to access the handbook as well as the Quarterly Calendars and Class Schedules.

MyCWU is CWU’s online student information system. Students will be able to access their personal student portfolio, register for classes, look up grades, peruse class offerings, see unofficial transcripts, print Academic Requirements reports, and even apply for graduation through its features. To access MyCWU, a new student must first obtain a CWU e-mail account. This too can be done online at Follow the prompts on this webpage using your student ID number and PIN (Personal Identification Number) which were both mailed with your acceptance packet. Once this information is submitted, an e-mail address and password will be returned on the screen. Use this information to access MyCWU and when sending and receiving e-mail. For troubleshooting this process, students may call 963-2001 (option 4 on the menu) or visit Computer Support Services in Bouillon Hall, room 128. If you have lost or forgotten your PIN, please contact Registrar Services in Mitchell Hall.

Course Permission Numbers
Course permission numbers are six-digit numbers issued to you by departments to enroll in restricted course sections. Course permission numbers are used in courses that require prerequisites, a specific skill level, for specific declared majors, and for other reasons.

Change of Schedule Period
MyCWU is available for you to change your schedule (add/drop) prior to the sixth day of the quarter.

Credit Overloads
To take more than 18 credits, you must have completed one quarter at CWU, be in good academic standing, have a cumulative GPA of a 2.8, and obtain written permission. To receive written permission you must do one of the following:

  • If you have not been admitted into a major you must obtain permission from the Exploratory Advising Office for any credit load of 19 or 20 credits. If you desire to take more than 20 credits you must have the approval of the Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Studies, located in the Provost’s office in Barge Hall.
  • If you have been admitted into your major, you must obtain permission from your major advisor and major department chair for loads of 19 or 20 credits. If you desire to take more than 20 credits you must also have the approval of the appropriate college dean.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.