Major and Minor Programs in English
Why Study English At Central?
- From the Students' Perspective
- Manastash (Student Literary Journal)
- The Scratching Post Creative Writer's Club
- Lion Rock Visiting Writers Series 2013-2014 Schedule
- Central Washington Writing Project (CWWP)
Careers and the Value of an English Major
- Dear EnglishMajor.com is a website dedicated to career possibilities for English majors. It features interviews with English majors working in many fields about their career paths and current jobs. You can see our own Chris Strom's (B.A. 2008, M.A. 2012) interview here.
- "Why English Majors are the Hot New Hires"
- "The Ideal English Major"
- "Why Teach English?"
- "8 College Degrees That Will Earn Your Money Back"
- What Can You Do with an English Major?
- Famous English Majors
Lion Rock Visiting Writers Series
Tuesday, October 23, 2014
Adrianne Kalfopoulou is Associate Professor of Language and Literature at Hellenic American University/HAEC in Athens, Greece. Her publications include two poetry collections, Wild Greens and Passion Maps, from Red Hen Press and scholarly work on Sylvia Plath in Women’s Studies and Plath Profiles. Her essay collection, Ruin, Essays in Exilic Living deals with crisis moments that explore in Rachel Hadas’ words “…not only cities but states of mind and soul in a pulsing, fraying time.” Awarded Room magazine’s prize in nonfiction for 2011, and a “Notable Essay of the Year” in Best American Essays, Adrianne engages meanings of “exilic” and how it feels to live in cities emblematic of late capitalism. Read more here: http://redhen.org/a-little-bird-told-me-summer-updates-from-adrianne-kal.... She has taught creative writing and literature in the Creative Writing Program at New York University, and at the University of Freiburg.