Major and Minor Programs in English
Why Study English At Central?
- From the Students' Perspective
- Manastash (Student Literary Journal)
- Inklings Creative Writer's Club
- Lion Rock Visiting Writers Series 2014-2015 Schedule
- Central Washington Writing Project (CWWP)
Careers and the Value of an English Major
- Dear EnglishMajor.com is a website dedicated to career possibilities for English majors. It features interviews with English majors working in many fields about their career paths and current jobs. You can see our own Chris Strom's (B.A. 2008, M.A. 2012) interview here.
- "Why English Majors are the Hot New Hires"
- "The Ideal English Major"
- "Why Teach English?"
- "8 College Degrees That Will Earn Your Money Back"
- What Can You Do with an English Major?
- Famous English Majors
Lion Rock Visiting Writers Series
Thomas Sayers Ellis
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Poet and photographer Thomas Sayers Ellis is the author of The Maverick Room and Skin, Inc. (Graywolf Press). His poems have appeared in Best American Poetry (1999, 2001 and 2010), The Nation, Paris Review, Poetry and Tin House and "Vernacular Owl," his elegy for Amiri Baraka, was award the Levinson Prize for Poetry by Poetry Magazine in 2014. His photo-essays and photographs have appeared widely in magazines and on book covers, and in 2011 he had his first solo exhibition "(Un)Lock It: the Percussive People in the GoGo Pocket" in Washington, D.C.. He is currently a Visiting Professor in the Creative Writing Program at the University of Montana.