M E M O R A N D U M
SUBJ: Non-Represented Classified Staff Salary Increases
TO: Non-Represented Classified Staff
FROM: Jim Gaudino
DATE: June 27, 2014
As we embark on a new fiscal year, I am pleased we can continue the progress we made last year in providing salary increases. Even though we are unable to rectify the total loss of salary increases you have endured the last few years, I am committed to continuing the process of providing some movement forward.
For fiscal year 2015, salary increases for non-represented (classified) staff will include the following components.
- Effective July 1, 2014, you will receive a 1% across the board increase.
- On November 25, 2014, those employees who have been employed continually between November 16, 2013 and November 15, 2014 shall receive a one-time payment based on the University achieving its Student Success Incentive Goals. These goals include student FTE's, retention, diversity and graduation rates—all of which are outlined below. The lump-sum payment to non-represented (classified) employees shall be calculated based on the gross wages for the period November 16, 2013 through November 15, 2014.
- Student Success Incentive Goals
- Annual average student enrollment of 9800 Student FTE
- Freshmen retention rate of 77%
- Freshmen Pell Grant recipient retention rate of 77%
- Student of Color percentage of 25%
- 6-year graduation rate of 56%
- 6-year graduation rate for Pell Grant recipients of 56%
- Student Success Payment Structure
- If the University attains its 9800 Student FTE enrollment goal, each employee will receive a payment equal to 1.5% of his/her gross wages for the applicable annual period noted above.
- If the University attains its 9800 Student FTE enrollment goal and also reaches three (3) of its five (5) additional goals, each employee will receive a total of 2.25% of his/her gross wages for the applicable annual period.
- If the University attains its 9800 Student FTE enrollment goal and also reaches all five (5) of its additional goals, each employee will receive a total of 3.0% of his/her gross wages for the applicable annual period.
- The University will consider the above goals to have been achieved if its annualized student FTE is within 0.5% of its goal (a total of 9750 students), and if its performance against the other goals lands within one percentage point of its target (e.g., the freshman retention rate is 76% or greater, rather than the 77% goal).
All of your hard work and commitment has ensured that Central continues to grow and sustain a strong student FTE. The services you provide to our students, their families, co-workers, the Ellensburg community, and our Centers have positioned us to continue to provide an exceptional educational experience for everyone. I wish there were some other way to say thank you but I do sincerely thank you for all that you have done and all that you will do.
Have a great summer!!