If you are the victim of a crime on campus, report it immediately. Call 911 or Kittcom at (509)-925-8534. Identify yourself as the victim of a crime, and the operator will obtain information from you and dispatch an officer to your location. Remember, a crime that is not reported helps no one; not you or the next victim.
If you see a crime in progress, remain calm. Locate the nearest telephone and call 911 or Kittcom at (509)-925-8534. Identify yourself as a witness to a crime.
Whether you are a victim or witness, be prepared to provide the following information:
- Location of the crime.
- Nature of the crime and specifics of the crime (number of people involved, any weapons, etc).
- Any injuries.
- Description of suspects(s): height, weight, sex, race, clothing, hair color, etc.?
- Direction of travel of suspect(s).
- Description of any vehicles involved in the crime.
- DO NOT pursue or attempt to detain suspects.
- Where are you calling from?
- What is your name?
If you know about a crime and you want to report it to the University Police, and wish to remain anonymous, you can.