Central Washington University is committed to keeping the campus community informed during emergencies and situations that might disrupt normal operations. This page is activated when there's an active alert.
Winter Weather Updates to Appear Here
There is no emergency at this time. However, a message will be posted here if there is an emergency that impacts the operation of the Ellensburg campus, including campus closure and delay.
The CWU Alert system also notifies students, staff, and faculty automatically. The notification system sends text messaging, email, and phone messages using the information in your MyCWU “Personal Details”. Check your personal contact details to ensure you receive the messages.
From the President: COVID-19 Vaccination Policy Update
CWU's shared governance leaders met in early November, and they determined that we will continue to follow the state’s lead. This would mean ending our vaccination requirements for employees, students, contractors, and others, except in areas of the university that are still covered by other federal and state policies (such as health care centers).
While the vaccination requirement is ending, we remain a highly vaccinated institution and continue to strongly recommend the following actions on behalf of our community:
- If you did not get the original vaccination, get the most up-to-date vaccination.
- Get your booster shots when you are eligible. Boosters are strongly recommended by both the CDC and the American College Health Association.
- Get a flu shot; influenza kills between 12,000 and 52,000 people in the United States every year.
- If you do not feel well, inform your supervisor and stay home. As much as possible, supervisors should accommodate those who have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Wear a mask for extra protection if you feel unsafe; support everyone’s decisions about mask wearing
Read President Wohlpart's full November 14 campus communication.