Skip to body
REMAIN AS CALM AS POSSIBLE.
THIS WILL ENSURE THAT THE BEST INFORMATION IS OBTAINED AND CORRECT PROCEDURES ARE TAKEN.
BY PHONE :
- Keep the caller on the phone for as long as possible.
- Record the time and caller ID number if shown.
- Listen for background noises or other information that stands out.
- Identify if it is a male or female caller.
- Ask the following questions and try to write down the callers exact words:
- Where is the bomb?
- When is it going to explode?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Did you place the bomb? Why?
- Are you a student or employee of the university?
- Where are you calling from?
What is your name?
WHEN THE CALLER HANGS UP,CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY!
- ALL bomb threats and suspicious packages must be taken seriously.
- CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
- DO NOT TOUCH the package.
- Evacuate the area. DO NOT INITIATE OR ACTIVATE THE FIRE ALARM SYSTEM.
- Verbally notify all occupants to leave the area.