Purpose and Responsibilites
CWUP 2-60(10) Enterprise Information Systems Committee
The committee reports to the cabinet through the chief of staff.
The purpose of the committee is to establish and maintain an effective governance structure which links CWU technology (hardware, software and information systems) related decision making to the ongoing strategic planning process of CWU. The committee will translate the mission and values of CWU into actionable and measurable goals, strategies, initiatives, and programs. This committee will provide recommendations for both long and short-term decision-making by the cabinet, thus enabling the cabinet to make effective choices among competing demands for capital investment, infrastructure support, programmatic support, facilities, and human resources.
Committee responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Establishing enterprise technology needs and presenting appropriate recommendations to the cabinet.
- Making low to mid-level decisions regarding enterprise technology needs/requests and communicating those decisions as appropriate.
- Ensuring that major enterprise technology decisions are appropriately considered, planned, and communicated as a formal project plan. This approach facilitates the successful execution of the project(s).
- Monitoring progress on technology initiatives and projects.
- Guiding the development and implementation of a university-wide strategic technology plan.
- Serving as an effective forum for communication to, from, and among various University constituencies.
Approved Business Cases 2012-2013
iCAT (e-travel, e-req., Faculty 180, time & labor, upgrade 9.2, split,