Skip to body

Enterprise Information System Committee

EISC Meeting Minutes 9-16-2013

Enterprise Information Systems Committee Minutes
(Monday) September 16, 2013
9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in Barge 410


Business Case(s):

Joel Klucking presented Raiser’s Edge FE Module Business Case. Starting a capital campaign and would like this program in place before beginning that campaign. Currently they are manually transferring financial data from their Raiser’s Edge into FMS. Also hand entering Endowments and they are expected to double. High risk for error with double entering information. This will improve tracking and reporting. Resources are provided mostly from the vendor, impacting very little on current IT staff, impact mainly the users listed: Foundation Manager, Foundation Accounting, Fiscal Techs, Advancement Services Director, and CWU Accounting. Initially affects 70 to 80 people who are involved with the 120-140 grants. They currently have the funds for this project. Cost is $63,282 one time and is currently in the Advancement Budget. The ongoing $10,000 per year will be accounted for in the Advancement Budget.

Committee approves this business case and enterprise undertaking. Business case was approved.
 
  • Tracy Pellett asks that there be followup with Career Services and other areas who could use the information collected in the Raiser’s Edge program.
  • Joel will speak with Connie regarding any questions with inner CWU transactions.
  •  

Staci Sleigh-Layman and Julie Guggino presented Conflict of Interest Business Case. Could be part of a risk management plan, but CWU does not currently have a risk management plan. Requested for questions to be answered and policy work to be done before reconsidering Business Case.

  • Does the data collected become public record data? Staci Sleigh-Layman was tasked with creating a CWU policy regarding the need to collect the information and what is to be done with that information. There needs to be a better explanation of the need for a solution such as Conflict of Interest Software and how it will be used.
     

Discussion Topics:

Another meeting will be scheduled on September 30.
  • Andreas Bohman presented Security Policy draft. Need policy in place by November to meet legislative requirement. Recommended that Security Procedure come with the Security Policy for approval, will discuss recommendations at next meeting.
  • Andreas will email the form to committee members.
  • Andreas will create Security Procedure draft for next meeting.
  • Was recommended that the SubCouncils communicate their current and pending cases.
    • • ATAC – please get Ginger a list.
      • Non-Academic – please get Ginger a list.
 
Enterprise Information Systems Committee Minutes – September 16, 2013