Welcome to the College of Education and Professional Studies! CEPS offers more than 36 undergraduate degrees and 19 graduate degrees. The mission of our college is to prepare competent, enlightened citizens who will enhance their respective professions, commit themselves to socially responsible leadership, and help develop the global economy in a spirit of cooperation. Each academic unit of the college has developed specific goals to address this mission.
CEPS is constantly improving and the current enrollment numbers speak to the ability of each program to build and improve in a manner that they will continue to be successful. Please explore our college and programs to find the degree that will prepare you for the career you have been looking for!
The College of Education and Professional Studies is excited to celebrate Centrals 125th year! The doors of the Washington State Normal School in Ellensburg opened in 1891. Mr. Benjamin Franklin Barge was the first principal of the school, which was founded to educate future elementary and junior high teachers. Classes were held at the Washington Public School until the normal school's first building, Barge Hall, opened in 1893. The normal school became Central Washington College of Education in 1937, Central Washington State College in 1961, and Central Washington University in 1977.
To see more history and updates throughout the year on activities to celebrate, please visit our Facebook page!
- Curriculum, Supervision, and Educational Leadership
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Education, Development, Teaching, and Learning
- Engineering Technologies, Safety and Construction Management
- Health Sciences
- Information Technology & Administrative Management
- Physical Education, School Health and Movement Studies (PESHMS)
- Military Science (Army ROTC)
- Aerospace Studies (Air Force ROTC)