Connie Lambert, Ph.D., Dean
The mission of our college is to prepare competent, enlightened citizens who will enhance their respective professions, commit themselves to socially responsible leadership, and help develop the global economy in a spirit of cooperation. Each academic unit of the college has developed specific goals to address this mission.
College of Education and Professional Studies Core Themes and Outcomes
- TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Maintain required and initiate new accreditation, national, state, and/or professional standards that relate to teaching and learning in all CEPS programs.
- Provide advising that results in increased efficiency and rate of graduation.
- INCLUSIVENESS AND DIVERSITY
- Recognize exemplary teaching, scholarship and service.
- Recruit and retain diverse faculty.
- Recruit and retain diverse students.
- Facilitate inclusiveness throughout CEPS programs.
- Facilitate globalism throughout CEPS programs.
- PUBLIC SERVICE AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- Facilitate relationships between CEPS and PK-20 educational institutions and/or business and industry professionals.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary relationships with other universities, colleges and departments.
- Increase participation in university sponsored life-long learning opportunities.
- RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT & STEWARDSHIP
- Restore departmental office goods and services budget to 2009 levels.
- Expand sources of revenue to support CEPS initiatives.
- Programs will maintain or increase FTES.
- Deliver programs at the centers that have the human resources needed to accomplish programmatic goals.
- Students will be taught primarily by tenure and tenure track positions.
- Facilitate and monitor mentorship program for new faculty, including TT, FTNTT, and lecturers.
- Upgrade and/or add onto buildings and facilities.
- SCHOLARSHIP AND CREATIVE EXPRESSION
- Students and faculty participation in scholarship and/or creative expression activities (e.g., SOURCE).
- Obtain grant and private donation funding.
- Provide and/or maintain hardware and software technologies.