- The William O. Douglas Honors College (DHC) has a separate admission form that should be completed online through the application below. The Douglas Honors College application does not substitute for the Central Washington University Application for Undergraduate Admission, and vice versa.
- There is no application deadline. All applications are processed on a rolling admission basis.
- Applications received by May 31 are prioritized for class and LLC placement.
- Admission to the DHC is essay based. Your essay should demonstrate not only your ability to write well, but also your critical thinking and reasoning abilities. The application form asks for GPA, SAT or ACT scores as well as other general academic information, but this information is not used to determine your admittance to the DHC.
- Applicants are normally expected to have completed two years of study in a world language as well as meet mathematics competence requirements prior to acceptance. Those who have not done so will be required to complete two years of a world language, and mathematics coursework through Math 154 (Pre-Calculus II).
The motto of the William O. Douglas Honors College is sapere aude (dare to be wise). Who is the wisest person you know or know of? Please describe what it is about them that makes them wise through examples of their wisdom and its influence on your life.
All students are welcome to apply for admission to the William O. Douglas Honors College. If you have questions regarding the application process, please call 509-963-1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.