Skip to body

Disability Services

Dining Accommodations and Exemption Requests


Managing Food Allergy & Special Dietary Considerations

Students with food allergies and special dietary considerations are encouraged to be self-advocates when managing their dietary conditions to promote safety and minimize the risk of a reaction.

1. For medical emergencies, dial 911 immediately.

2. Notify your primary care physician if a reaction has occurred.  You may also contact The Student Medical and Counselling Clinic at (509) 963-1881 to make an appointment if the reaction is not an immediate emergency.

3. If you believe your food allergy or special dietary consideration substantially limits one or more major life activities and may require a classroom accommodation, please submit a Request for Services form on the Disability Services (DS) webpage. 

4. Dietitian services are available to help assist with special dietary considerations through Dining Services. Contact to schedule an appointment.

The following hints can help you be proactive in self managing a food allergy or special dietary condition:

  • Ask managers, rather than servers in dining facilities about menu ingredients and preparation.
  • Carry with you and be prepared to use an epinephrine auto injector in the event of an allergic reaction. Our staff are not trained to administer these.
  • Notify your Resistance Advisor (RA), roommates and friends of your food allergies.
  • Wear a medical alert ID.
  • Consult your primary care physician on how to avoid unsafe foods.
  • Know how to recognize and respond to the symptoms of an allergic reaction.  Should a reaction occur, know when to instruct those around you to call 911 if medical attention is needed immediately.

Contact Information and Additional Resources:

Student Medical and Counseling Clinic (SMaCC)
400 E. University Way
Corner of 11th and Poplar
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7585

Medical: (509) 963-1881
Counseling: (509) 963-1391
Fax: (509) 963-1886

Disability Services
Hogue Hall 126
(509) 963-2214

University Housing
(509) 963-1831

FARE website

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.