Central Washington University is required by law to maximize use of all assets and, when we have no further use for them, maximize returns on their sale. We are not allowed to give surplus property away. The Surplus and Asset Management Department is the only CWU department authorized to dispose of surplus property. Our primary role is to ensure the excess property generated by CWU will be handled in a method that both maximizes the return to the University and meets the disposal requirements of the State and Federal governments.
The Office of Surplus and Asset Management is charged with:
- Holding surplus sales for the general public
- Tracking assets in the University Accounting System
- Handling surplus furniture, equipment and supplies and redistributing them within CWU
- Recycling lumber, firewood, construction debris, and earthen fill materials
- Handling abandoned property
- Monitoring yearly departmental inventories
Hours of Operation
Our hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding Public Surplus Sales and University holidays.
Upcoming Public Sale Dates:
The next Public Surplus Sale is on March 26th, 27th, and 28th.
We are located in the Surplus Property Warehouse accessed from the alley off of Fourteenth (14th) Avenue.