Assuming you have the PO ID number, follow the steps below to track the purchase order. If you need to locate the PO ID number, see section 1.0 of this document.
1. From the Menu Box , click on:
Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Review PO Information > Purchase Orders
2. On the Purchase Order Inquiry page, the Business Unit should default in as "CWUID." If it does not, type "CWUID" into the Business Unit field.
3. In the PO ID fields, allow the default in the dropdown box of "begins with," and type the PO ID number into the box to the right of the dropdown box.
4. Click the button.
5. On the Purchase Order page for Purchase Order Inquiry , you will see a lot of information available to you. Under the Header title bar are details such as the Vendor and the Buyer , for future reference.
6. Also under the Header title bar is the Receipt status and the PO Reference information.
7. Under the Lines title bar is the information for each line item as well as a brief description.
8. Click the Line Details button to get more information about the Line Details. To return to the Purchase Order page for Purchase Order Inquiry , click the button.
9. Click on the link for the Item Description to get more detailed information about the item. To return to the Purchase Order page for Purchase Order Inquiry , click on either the button or the button.
10. Note the Status of the purchase order. In the case of the purchase order in the screen shot above, the Status is "Closed."
11. Click the Line Comments button to view any notes (Comments) entered by the Purchasing staff. To return to the Purchase Order page for Purchase Order Inquiry , click on either the button or the button.
12. Click the Schedule button to view general information regarding shipping/delivery (see below).
13. On the Schedules page for Purchase Order Inquiry , click the Distributions/Chartfields button to view information regarding the distribution of funds.
14. Funds may be distributed if the cost is split between two Project ID's within a department, if two departments share the cost, OR, as in the example above, if the funds are encumbered under one budget year and transferred to another budget year due to the arrival date of the item. To view such information, click on the |More Details| tab on the Distributions for Schedule 1 page of the Purchase Order Inquiry . If more information is needed, click on the Show all columns button.
15. When finished with the Distributions for Schedule 1 page of the Purchase Order Inquiry , click the button to return to the Schedules page for Purchase Order Inquiry .
16. To return to the Purchase Order page for Purchase Order Inquiry , click on the Return to Main Page link.
Visit this link to view full story and news video: http://www.cwu.edu/cwu-saves-80-tons-scrap-"Enterprise Team" To Coordinate And Reduce Costs For Technology Needs
This is a reminder that CWU launched a new process in October to help departments save money on a va