Congratulations! You're almost ready to graduate!
Please read the following information closely because the responsibility to meet degree requirements and application deadlines is yours.
The deadline for clearing all degree requirements is the last day of the quarter for which you have applied to graduate. Students that apply for summer degree may walk in the Commencement exercises. Your Commencement applications are located online at http://www.cwu.edu/registrar/degree-checkout.
Here are a few of the items you'll need to keep in mind.
- Review the deadline dates that are published in the Registration Handbook, posted at University Centers, in the academic departments, and on the web. Applications received after the deadline will be processed for the next quarter.
- Submit your graduation application payment to the cashiers located in Barge Hall or online (URL coming soon).
- Submit your degree application no later than the second Friday of the quarter before your expected degree completion. (If you plan to receive your degree at the end of spring quarter, your application is due the second Friday of the beginning of winter quarter).
Bring your application to degree checkout located on the 1st floor of Mitchell Hall, to your University Center administration office, or mail to: CWU Degree Checkout, 400 E. University Way, Ellensburg, WA 98926-7464.
All petitions for exception to General University Degree Requirements must be completed before applying for graduation.
You may participate in June Commencement Ceremonies
- if you have completed all graduation requirements during the previous summer, fall or winter quarters, or
- if you will complete your degree requirements either at the end of the current spring quarter or the upcoming summer quarter.
If you plan to participate in the Commencement Ceremony please complete the Commencement Registration Form on the Wildcat Shop homepage.
The Wildcat Shop is your one-stop-shop for graduation. This is where you register to walk in the Commencement Ceremony, order regalia, and shop for any other graduation materials including invitations, class rings, and diploma frames.
Register for graduation early and save. If you register by April 1, 2013, you’ll receive 25 percent off cap, gown, and frame packages. Then pick your gear up at one of the following Grad Kickoff events:
- April 10 CWU-Des Moines
- April 11 CWU-Lynnwood
- April 17 and 18 Ellensburg
Diplomas will be mailed to your home/permanent address approximately 8-10 weeks after the end of the quarter.