Undergraduate Program Goals
Students completing any of the four undergraduate chemistry major programs* will:
- know the standard technical information and be able to perform experimental techniques of general, organic, analytical and physical chemistry.
- be able to speak and write clearly in the language and style of the discipline.
- demonstrate quantitative problem-solving skills. This includes having a firm foundation in the fundamentals and applications of the necessary mathematics, physics and statistics as it applies to experimental design and data analysis.
- be able to use computers and the discipline specific software.
- be able to retrieve and critically analyze chemical literature.
- be aware of current health and safety protocols that are an integral part of the discipline.
- be able to work effectively in group situations
*The Teaching Chemistry Major has additional student outcomes as determined by the Science Education Program.