- Training workshops in interdisciplinary university and P-12 teaching.
- Collaborative science and mathematics scholarship and curriculum development.
- Periodic seminars for university faculty, teachers, and administrators.
- Centralized science and mathematics education resources.
- Solicitation of external funding to support CESME and its programs.
- P-20 partnerships and community outreach that improves pre-service and in-service teacher education.
- Outreach programs to enhance formal science and mathematics education including Expanding Your Horizons and WSMC Mathematics Olympiad.