The Strong Interest Inventory® instrument is a powerful tool that can help you make satisfying decisions about your career and education.
Whether you are just starting out in your career, thinking about a change, or considering education options for career preparation, you can benefit from the wealth of information reflected in your Strong results.
Understanding your Strong Profile can help you identify a career focus and begin your career planning and exploration process.
Keep in mind that the Strong measures interests, not skills or abilities, and that the results can help guide you toward rewarding careers, work activities, education programs, and leisure activities-all based on your interests.
As you review your Profile, remember that managing your career is not a one-time decision but a series of decisions made over your lifetime.
How Will You Benefit
The Strong can be a valuable tool in helping you identify your interests, enabling you to:
- Achieve satisfaction in your work
- Identify career options consistent with your interests
- Choose appropriate education and training relevant to your interests
- Maintain balance between your work and leisure activities
- Understand aspects of your personality most closely associated with your interests
- Determine your preferred learning environment
- Learn about your preferences for leadership, risk taking, and teamwork
- Use interests in shaping your career direction
- Decide on a focus for the future
- Direct your own career exploration at various stages in your life
Please call us at 509-963-1921 to set up an appointment with one of our career counselors to take the Strong Interest Inventory test.
The Strong can also be taken online; however, students need to make an appointment with a counselor to first discuss taking it and then again to review the results.