Skip to body

Career Services

Placement File Services For Educators

Teacher and Education Administrator graduates are urged to establish a Placement File. A placement file contains references to support your application for a position, they DO NOT contain your Transcripts. Your placement file is housed permanently in the Career Services office. Prospective employers in education use the placement file as part of the K-12 application process.


To create a new placement file:
  1. Complete and submit the Options Form
  2. Request references pertinent to your employment:
  3. Set up an account with the Wildcat Career Network. You may already have an account in the Wildcat Career Network - please contact Career Services if you are not sure.


To update your file: You may wish to request new or updated references (see links above) if it has been a few years since you last updated your file. Please contact us if you would like to know which references are in your file or to send your file.


Students who graduate within the Placement File Fee Year: October 1 - September 30, will receive 5 complimentary sends that must be used by Sept 30th of the placement file year. Additional sends are $10.00 each. CWU Alumni and students receiving certification only (and not a Bachelors degree) must pay $10.00 per send. Overnight and International sends are $17.00 each.

A complete file and payment is required before your file can be sent. For recent grads this will include your final Student Teaching Evaluation and at least two references. Call us(509.963.1921) between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to pay by Debit/Credit or send a check payable to CWU Career Services.

Fees are subject to change. Please check with us to determine the correct fee payment.

Important Information for Teaching Candidates

  • Certification: Application for Certification/Graduation is through the Certification Office (509.963.2661) in Black Hall. A temporary teaching permit will be mailed to you following graduation or completion of your program. If you plan on teaching in another state, contact the appropriate state certification office for their application procedures.
  • Transcripts: Transcripts are requested through the Office of the Registrar (509.963.3030) in Mitchell Hall. Transcripts are sent directly to you or the prospective employer. Transcripts are not included in your CWU Educator Placement File.

Education Clubs

Employment Opportunities

The Washington Association of School Administrators is a professional association representing education administrators in Washington State. We are a not-for-profit organization, funded by membership dues and association events.
The NASDTEC Directory contains information about the teacher education and certification personnel in all 50 states, the US Possessions, and the Canadian provinces.
1,000s of teaching and education job opportunities from public and private schools from across the U.S. Free to search, browse and register!
Find educational employment in the United States
ECIS creates opportunity for education and dialogue, encourages alliances with other organizations, and acts as a catalyst for the advancement of international education.
OSPI works with the states school districts to administer basic education programs and implement education reform. Provides information on certification, testing and employment. 
Teaching jobs, education positions, resume search
Employment information for applicants and employers
International volunteer and paid teaching opportunities