- The card is the property of CWU.
- The card must be carried at all times and presented to University officials upon request.
- Unauthorized Use
- Unauthorized use of the card warrants confiscation, fine (up to $100.00) and/or disciplinary action.
- Examples of unauthorized use of the card include allowing other people to use your card or trying to use a card that is not yours.
- Loss of Card
- Please report loss of your Campus Connection Card immediately so that it can be disabled.
- Central Washington University is not responsible for meals or money spent on a lost debit card.
- Replacement cards are available at the Connection Card office.
- There is a replacement cost of $20.00 ($35.00 for Sue Lombard, Kamola, Wendell Hill Hall, Barto, and Beck residents). Any time a new card is issued, your old Connection Card will no longer work.
- When cards are replaced, the old card is inactivated and will no longer work. Cards cannot be reactivated. If you find a lost card after you have purchased a replacement card, the old card can not be reactivated.
- Damaged Cards
- Cards that show signs of normal wear and tear, that no longer work, can be replaced for FREE as long as the card is brought into the office. We cut up the card and it is not returned to the student.
- Cards that appear to be damaged because of improper usage will be replaced at the standard rate of $20 ($35.00 for Sue Lombard, Kamola, Wendell Hill Hall, Barto and Beck residents). Improper usage includes the following: hole punches, excessive bending, tape, stickers, bite marks, and writing on the card.
Visit Dining Services for the latest information.
To use the Connection Card at laundry facilities, you must deposit money into your general debit account. The Housing office activates your account for this usage.
To gain access to doors unlocked by the Connection Card, you must contact ORS for laundry/dorm access or the Facilities Management Lock Shop (963-2917) for other facility access.
- The General debit plans are not credit plans. Money must be placed in your account before you can spend it.
- To place money in your account, go to the Cashier's Office in Barge Hall (pay with cash, check, or credit card,) the Connection Card office (pay with cash, check, debit or credit card.)
- When making purchases that exceed the amount in your debit account, you must pay the remaining amount with cash, check, or credit card (depending on the location).
- The Connection Card draws from different accounts. Money can be added to a General Debit account along with money on a Residential meal plan or a Freedom plan.
- Using a Connection Card at a Dining location takes money from Dining accounts first, then deducts from General debit accounts.
- Any other location (Library, Laundry, Bookstore) takes money from general debit accounts only.
The University Store only accepts general debit plans.