Come get a taste of a Japanese Summer Festival from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. on the SURC East Patio on Tuesday, June 25th!
AUAP students from Japan will lead festival games for kids and adults, make traditional summer foods, and even perform a traditional dance from Japan! Bring a couple dollars to buy tickets so you can participate in these activities and support the AUAP Friends Club. Some highlights:
- "soumen nagashi" - catch noodles flowing through water down a bamboo pole before dipping them in your delicious sauce!
- "yo-yo tsuri" - Try to catch Japanese festival yo-yos and superballs from a kiddie pool.
- "Suika wari" - Attempt to break open a watermelon while blind-folded!
- "O-mikuji" - Get your fortune told, Japanese style!
- "Soranbushi" - Watch students perform a traditional fisherman's dance!
- And many more...
Bring your friends and family and join us for something a little out of the ordinary this summer!