SOURCE, the Symposium On University Research and Creative Expression will take place on Thursday, May 16, 2013, in the SURC and on associated dates at some University Centers. SOURCE is a university-wide forum that showcases all genres of scholarly work by CWU students, faculty, and staff. This is a great way to show off your projects or your students’ projects to the entire campus. This is also a great way to have students prepare for graduate school or their future professions.
The abstract submission website is now open! Visit http://www.cwu.edu/source
Please forward this email to colleagues who you think would be interested in this event.
This year, the Office of Alumni Relations will be hosting an Awards-Alumni Event at the Experience Music Project in Seattle for the best of the SOURCE student presenters. Judging is always an essential part of SOURCE; please check the SOURCE website in early April if you would like to volunteer to be a judge at SOURCE 2013.
We are also happy to host the I4IE Business Plan Competition once again this year. A total of $10,000 for business start-up funding is available for 2013. For more information visit: http://www.cwu.edu/source/2013-business-plan-competition.
Dates/deadlines for SOURCE 2013 are:
- The Business Plan Competition Abstract Deadline is Monday, March 11 at noon.
- Deadline for ALL SOURCE submissions is Friday, April 5 at noon.
- The Community SOURCE Preview Night at Prosody in downtown Ellensburg is Tuesday, May 14.
- SOURCE at CWU-Des Moines campus is Tuesday, May 14.
- SOURCE at CWU-Lynnwood campus is Wednesday, May 15.
- Pre-load of SOURCE presentations and posters on the Ellensburg campus is outside the SURC ballroom on Wednesday, May 15 from 5-8 p.m.
- The on-campus Awards Ceremony is Wednesday, May 22 from 12-1 in the SURC Pit, and the Office of Alumni Relations-hosted Awards-Alumni Event is Thursday, May 30th in Seattle.
Remember that SOURCE 2013 is Thursday, May 16th, on the Ellensburg campus in the SURC.
If you have questions about how you or your students can participate, please contact the Chair of the SOURCE Committee, Kara Gabriel, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.