The City of Ellensburg will hold two Open Houses to get feedback on plans to improve public transit in the City. Please come and participate:
When: October 23, 2012,
Noon to 2:00 pm
6:00 to 8:00 pm
Where: Hal Holmes Center
209 N. Ruby Street
Based on recommendations contained in a study presented in August, 2012, the City Council appointed a committee to explore options for expanded public transit within the City limits. That committee has been working for the past several months to define a public transit system which meets the needs of people living and working in the City.
Input and feedback from people in the City are needed. Two open houses are planned. The Open Houses are an opportunity for residents of Ellensburg to learn about the work to date and provide their opinions on the future of public transit. Topics to be covered at the meeting include:
• What we have learned to date – a summary of the community survey and information about other communities’ transit services
• Proposed Routes, Frequency of Service, and Levels of Service
• Options to pay for public transit in Ellensburg
• Fares for transit service
• Other thoughts from residents
The Open House offers the opportunity to provide input on all topics. A brief overview of the work to date will be presented. Discussion groups will be led by members of the steering committee. Please attend. Bring your ideas and thoughts.